Pacy & Wheatley are pleased to announce the completion of a care home refurbishment project in Hull. With a project value of £1.8 million, this refurbishment and extension were conducted for the client Exemplar Health Care Services Ltd.
The care home refurbishment project consisted of adding an extension of the facility and refurbishment to form an 18-bed care home. Additionally, the project incorporated three new single-storey extensions, and associated connections to change existing rooflines and internal spaces.
The internal structure needed a complete remodelling, and, after a thorough survey of the building, there were issues that were redesigned with the employer to meet the original design brief.
Additionally, the following required reconfiguration:
- Below ground drainage.
- Structural alterations including new mechanics and electrics.
- A new garden on the outside.
The project presented a number of challenges. The initial inspection demanded the project inform the design progression but also ensured that surrounding neighbours were considered throughout the process.
We achieved the solution through the following practices:
- A thorough survey to identify the suitability of the intact infrastructure and drainage.
- Using the existing supply chain partners to deal with the mechanical and electrical components early on in the process.
- Registering the scheme under considerate constructors as a way to maintain an effective score.
- Delivering in tight timescales to suit the conditions.
- Incorporating flood defences to the vulnerable aspects of the site.
- Involving the local residents and ensuring they are kept up-to-date with the healthcare refurbishment project.
Ultimately, we were able to complete the project within the agreed budget and timeframe, resulting in a very happy client which has lead to further projects If you are looking to work with us on any of your projects, you can contact us.