Eldred Holdings Ltd
Design & Build
- Procurement Method:
- Project Value:
Pacy and Wheatley Commercial and Industrial Construction of a new build industrial unit suitable for high level multi aisle racking. The unit was to be located between two existing lower level and significantly older structures, which were to remain operational and unaffected by the works. The works consisted of site clearance, new foundations and underpinning to some areas of the existing structures, Structural steelwork, sheet cladding, masonry cavity walls at low level, and a super flat concrete floor, suitable for high level racking installation.
- The construction site access was shared with numerous adjacent industrial business premises; hence deliveries, day to day activities and most importantly key constructional elements had to be planned well in advance, communicated and agreed to ensure the adjacent business owners did not suffer any disruption of service at any time.
- Maintaining a safe working boundary to the flanking industrial units to ensure staff and stored products were kept secure at all times.
- Maintaining the waterproof integrity of the adjacent premises. Due consideration of the major structural works required at high level to manage differing constructional detailing of the existing buildings.
- As works proceeded, access to the rear of the site became increasingly limited.
- Working in close proximity to a live railway line adjacent the rear boundary.
- Ensuring the process achieved the super flat concrete floor required for the building to function. Tolerances required of SR1 over the area (approximately 840m2), within the tight 12 week construction program imposed.
- Excellent Site Management resulted in a high standard of workmanship and achievement of the exacting standards set.
- Delivery on time and within budget.
- Establishing early relationships with key client project team members and subcontract partners is exponentially related to the success of the project.
- Placement of 200m3 of concrete within a one day period, laid to a tolerance of SR1, and finished to a very high power floated standard, to all party’s satisfaction. A good day’s work!