- Procurement Method:
- Project Value:
Pacy and Wheatley have completed the construction of a new high bay, steel frame industrial unit for our repeat client Eldred Holdings. The construction is a 15M high steel frame structure and profile clad building incorporating a new contractor designed FM slab to take internal racking. This scheme included fire protection & working methods to suit the adjacent ‘live’ railway environment.
- The steel frame erection involves 15M high columns within 10M of the adjacent railway boundary. With close liaising and approvals obtained during the construction process.
- The estate is next to a built up residential area, with noisy excavation and crushing operations required as part of the works, so it was key to keep noise levels low.
- The industrial units on the estate all remained live & working throughout the construction period, with shared access roads all available for the client’s transport, loading and unloading operations.
- The new slab was installed to tight tolerances allowing for our client’s new high bay racking and specialist lifting equipment .
- We had to liaise with Network Rail Asset Management to ensure the works could be carried out to meet their requirements, including provision and agreement of licences, lifting plans and safe methods of works.
- A fire protection design was incorporated along the railway elevation.
- All concrete crushing and general plant utilised was of minimal noise disturbance status and filters used as required.
- Despite unforeseen ground conditions being encountered, we managed to maintain and complete to the agreed programme, mitigating early delays and ensuring the racking installation works and electrical service installation (direct by Employer) could be incorporated and access provided in order to maintain the tight programme delivery.
- We managed to work very closely with the Employer’s on-site team to ensure deliveries and operation restrictions were adhered to and thus ensuring their day-to-day activities were not affected.
The Project was finished on time and to agreed budget'The Project involved working within our existing and busy site, which is also located close to a residential area, Pacy & Wheatley sought to minimise disruption to our neighbours and on the site which remained operational during the Project'
Eldred Group have worked with Pacy & Wheatley on previous projects and were satisfied with the contractors performance and may seek to utilise the teams services and expertise again in the future should the opportunity arise.
Martin Eldred - Eldred Holdings Ltd